Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Good Place to Begin

Since we are all human, we are capable of analyzing and critiquing nearly every observation and action we witness or participate in. Cynicism is such an easy impulse. I know from experience. At times this tendency of humanity can intimidate or discourage my desire to be my most authentic self around others.

However, since we are all human, we are also capable of tremendous understanding and compassion. I am grateful to say that I have family and friends who see past my tendencies and oddities and have the ability to see our hearts on the backdrop of the universe. With this view, they somehow find a way to understand us.

You will find that this blog will be filled with typos, unfamiliar or unclear references, just to name a few. But I know that you will also find my heart against a backdrop of many others, hopefully with your own. And I know that through it all we will somehow find a way to understand each other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment