Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cause for Celebration

Today something miraculous happened. For the first time in my life I repaired not just ONE, but THREE appliances...... on my own.

All those years convinced I was not mechanically inclined?

Ha!

Yes, I laugh in your face. Today, you are a liar.

Since returning home from the Jesuit Novitiate, it has been a gift to work for my father's appliance repair business. I cannot properly explain the feeling when you take a dryer apart very slowly, worried you might forget which crucial piece or screw goes where. And on top of it all you are able to identify the cause of the unwanted noise, in most cases, a bad belt. Replacing the belt with a smile, I crossed my fingers and I pieced the machine back together. What a simple success it was to plug the machine back into the wall turning it on only to hear the machine running smoother than before. Ahh, oh the feeling of productivity again, how you make me happy.

Any dryer complaints? Ask away.
Next stop for conquering inward lies: dishwashers!

1 comment: